Dinner on day 6 of the South Beach Diet called for fish and arugula salad. Because the plan for the evening was to go to the Jazz Festival in the park, I had to drop the fish and go with chicken; cold chicken on my arugula salad sounded more cooler-friendly. Jazz in the park and arugula salad proved to be a fantastic combination for a perfect Saturday evening out.
* A bunch of arugula
* 2 tomatoes cut in wedges
* 15 cherry tomatoes-- halved
* green onions
* slices of avocado
* feta cheese
* 1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
* 3 T red wine vinegar
* 3 T olive oil
* lemon zest
* lemon juice from one lemon
* 3 cloves garlic
* A handful of fresh chopped parsley
Cooking the chicken:
Cut two boneless, skinless breasts into bite-size chunks. Saute in olive oil, sprinkle with 2 tsp. of cumin and 2 tsp. of sweet paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook until lightly browned on outside.
* wash the arugula and remove the stems
* mix in chives, green onions
* whisk together the mustard, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
* toss the tomatoes in the salad dressing
* add the tomatoes and the salad dressing to the arugula
* add the feta cheese, slices of avocado, and the sauteed chicken.
* Sahtain! (double health in Arabic)