I am on the South Beach Diet and it is easy to think the party is over: no more nice cocktails, no more pasta or bread or pizza. None of the things which are the reasons that I am on the South Beach Diet in the first place.
However, the party is not over. How good is it to just detox a bit and free your body from all of this for two weeks. I will be trying to modify the recipes of the South Beach Diet and give them a Middle Eastern flavor.
So since you have eggs or eggs beaters for breakfast every day in this two-week, phase-one diet, adding the Middle Eastern touch makes all the difference.
- 2 mushrooms
- a couple of slices of red onion
- Hand full of shredded low fat mozzarella
- As much as you can take chopped fresh parsley-- I like a handful.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat up your non-stick pan and add olive oil.
- Break the eggs and let them cook till they sit well and you are able to flip them.
- Before the flipping action, add your vegetables and your spices. Let it cook for 45 secs.
- Flip your eggs and add your cheese and let it cook for another minute.
- Sahtain! (double health in Arabic)